Sunday, December 19, 2010

You'll fight Hydras!!!

So, I ve been very busy lately and I havent been able to post all of my work. However, I did manage to get a WIP shot of my Hydra conversion. It is based upon this Awesome Hydra conversion by Admiral Drax and also uses the Aegis defense line guns. I've scratch built the turret and extended the gun barrels with some plastic tubing. I carved out the turret mount from the chimera to move it further back and placed some plasitcard over the firing ports. I'll try to get some more shots once it's finished....like everything else.

But hey who are those raggedly looking snipers in front?

Those or a few of my "counts as ratlings" snipers who were adopted by the regiment during the battle for Hive Stheno. During that battle, ragged refugees rebuffed by the imperial officials overseeing the evacuation took up arms against the enemy. Abandoned, they used scavanged and homebuilt weapons to hunt for food and to keep marauders from thier holdouts. However, one woman who bravely used her rifle to assist a beleaguerd company, soon had a following of other hive rats, who would shadow imperial guard units and would provide highly accurate rifle fire into the enemy from unseen positions. It didn't hurt that the imperial army units would leave all sorts of useful items and food in thier wake either.

The bodies are Vampire Counts graveguard, the heads are from wood elves, and the rifles are an assortment of weapons to count as sniper rifles. They have Catachan and Cadian arms. They are still a WIP as they need a bit more ragged appearence.

No comments:

Post a Comment