Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Maugan Ra's Semi-Alaitoc Eldar

Now that I have my new rulebook, I thought I would try and put together a list with 6th edition in mind.  I choose my Eldar because they were my first 40k Army and I like the options they bring.  This selection of models would require very little work to appear as a cohesive force and includes some of my best painted Eldar miniatures



HQ: Maugan Ra
HQ: Farseer, Fortune; Runes of Warding; Eldar Jetbike; Singing Spear

Elite: 5 Wraithguard, 1 Spiritseer (Warlock) Conceal ; Spiritseer Upgrade

Troops: 10 Rangers, Pathfinders
Troops: 10 Rangers, Pathfinders
Troops: 7 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, Shuriken Cannon (x2), 1 Warlock, Destructor

Fast Attack: 4 Shining Spears; Shining Spears Exarch; Skilled Rider; Withdraw; Star Lance
Fast Attack: 4 Warp Spiders; Warp Spider Exarch; Powerblades; Spinneret Rifle

Heavy Support: 4 Dark Reapers; Dark Reaper Exarch; Crack Shot ;  Fast Shot ; Missile Launcher
Heavy Support: Wraithlord; Flamer (x2); Wraithsword; Bright Lance

Total Roster Cost: 1999

The changes to power weapons gives Maugan Ra a bit more survivability with his 2+ save, and his I7 lets him strike before Grey Knight Nemesis Halberds.

This really will require the whole army acting together for it to work.  Even with impact hits and a Fortune'd 3+ save, the jetbikes can't handle much in combat.  But if the unit they are about to assualt has been shot up by the Pathfinders and Dark Reapers, then they should be able to finish them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment