Saturday, July 28, 2012

Raven Guard Land Raider "Daikon" (updated)

When it rains it pours around here.  Here's another update on my Raven Guard. 

I had originally started paining a large Raven Guard symbol on the top of this Land Raider, but It wasn't as striking as I wanted.  And to be honest, I was beginning to think it was going to be impossible for me to make look good.  However, I did see an awesome Raven Guard banner over at deviantart by an artist named "40-kun".  At first my plan was just to use the Raven, but the Raven and Sword was too powerful not to use.

I printed out the banner on a full size 8.5x11 page and carefully cut out the part I wanted and pasted it to a piece of mat board I had lying around.  After that, with some judicious cuts I was able to form it to the vehicle and superglue it in place.  I like how the white edging looks, but am open to suggestions.

Options:
-Paint the sword solid white or another color
-Paint the red stripe on the vehicle
-Add a smaller sword or two


Here's where I got it from.

http://40-kun.deviantart.com/art/Raven-Guard-Banner-172388787

I've tried some of the options, so you can see them.

I'm liking how it is turning out.


5 comments:

  1. I like it. What about breaking up the white so it looks like chalk or broken up.

    http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-60848785/stock-photo-black-chalk-board-with-wooden-framed-surround-with-the-word-rain.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might erase some more of the white with a fine brush, but I like the stark lines on the Raven. If I do paint the sword soid white, I may try for a more chalky look though. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being able to edit my comment would have been helpful....

    soid = solid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with the model. How do you think Land Raiders will work in this edition?

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep them away from Str8 weapons and they'll be fine. Otherwise, you're 4 glances from a burning hulk. I'd probably write it off if playing Necrons.

    ReplyDelete