Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Raven Guard Scout Sergeant Helion

There hasn't been much reporting on my Raven Guard project since the release of 6th edition, because I have been focusing mostly on my other armies that were ready to play but needed some tweaks.  I have also noticed that a lot of people come by to look at my Raven Guard Scout Color Schemes post.  So here is some more Raven Guard Scout content:

I picked up the Sgt Telion model a while back, and with some scraping and judicious placing of Forgeworld brass etch, I was able to draft him in my Raven Guard army.  Don't ask me about how he will fit in the list yet.  I was just having some fun painting this characterful model.  He looks great from 12-18 inches but as the photos show, I'm still not in the running for a Golden Demon.

He has the same camo undersuit as the rest of my scouts wear, but his cloak I made two sided and did the inside in a nice urban pattern.

The brass etch on his forearm and weapon were quite difficult to get just right, and I think i'm going to settle for the "dirty" look they have.

I do see a few things in the pictures I'll have to touch up, but overall I'm pretty happy with how he came out.

Enjoy the pictures!





4 comments:

  1. Nice! I really dig how the brass etch worked, it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good.

    Are you playing the Raven Guard this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mordian Thanks, it's not on the same level as Ron's over at From the Warp, but it looks nice. If only it had a base...

    @Dave, Thanks, but if I was going to play them this weekend, you be facing off against a bunch of empty 25mm bases... Now that my Space Wolves are almost revitalized, I should be able to split some time between them and my Eldar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok cool. I have no idea what I am going to play. Probably Tau (if I can get them finished) and something else.

    ReplyDelete