Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Scouts Out!" A Raven Guard Land Speeder Storm WIP

Just me again with some Raven Guard conversion work in progress.  I fell in love with this model when it came out and have been building an army around two of them so I could use them in games.  (Although I would have loved it they'd just let Space Wolves have them)  The first one I built with the option to remove the scouts.  After seeing all of the awesome disembarking Scouts from Land Speeder Storms on Cool Mini or Not and other places, I just had to make a playable version of it.
The Scout Sergeant has a Sniper Rifle and is keeping an eye on the battlefield as he motions the scout to continue disembarking.  You can see they sent the scout carrying the missile launcher down first.  One scout waits on the skid and watches the front as his buddy reloads on the bench.


Another watches the flank as he prepares to rappel down the side of the building.
As these guys aren't removable, I have 5 identically armed scouts to act as dismounts.  I just need to figure out a good way to remind me and my opponent that the scouts have left the vehicle.

The building is from the Sanctum Imperialus set, and the base is from the local hardware store's garden dept and is meant to act as a coaster for a flower pot.  It is right at 4" or 100mm in diameter.

3 comments:

  1. That is very cool! I am a big fan of the vignette-style basing on things like this. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a madman!!!!

    Stellar Conversion!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete