Role 1: Hit them in the face and live.
These guys are there to either get in melee and rack up a body count, or to convince the enemy that they shouldn't issue a challenge. Their storm shields give them a chance against almost all enemies.
- Power Sword and Storm Shield x 2
- Power Axe and Storm Shield x 2
Role 2: Hit them in the face and hope.
- Thunder Hammer and Wolf Claw (Yes they are both Specialist, so he gets +1 attack for two weapons and each round can go at Initiative 4 and reroll hits or wounds, or go at Initiative 1 with Str 8 and Concussive.)
- 2 x Wolf Claws x2
Role 3: Keeping it cheap.
These guys avoid lots of special weapons but still bring some punch.
- Power Sword and Bolt Pistol
- Power Axe and Bolt Pistol
- CCW and Bolt Pistol, Mark of Wulfen
Role 4: I Will Survive.
These guys bring firepower with a combi weapon that matches the weapon carried by the squad, and survivability with a Storm Shield, but don't have an offensive melee punch.
- Combi-Plasma and Storm Shield
- Combi-Melta and Storm Shield
- Combi-Flamer and Storm Shield
Role 5: Offensive.
These guys bring both Close Combat and Shooting offensive power, but don't benefit from extra attacks or invulnerable saves. They work best when an independent character has also joined the unit.
- Combi-Plasma and Power Axe
- Combi-Melta and Power Sword
- Combi-Flamer and Power Sword
- Combi-Flamer and PowerAxe