Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Raven Guard Project Reaches a Milestone


I'm not even sure how long ago this project started, but today it reached a critical milestone.  All of the required models have been purchased and assembled.  Originally this started out as a 5th Edition list that relied on fleet from Shrike, but focused on having two Land Speeder Storms and a bunch of Scouts.
 Another key component was that the entire army would fit into a single case, something that is impossible with my IG, Space Wolves or Eldar.  Below you can see the entire army packed into the case and ready for transport.


 
Shrike and the Storms are still there, but a few changes and additions have been made.  I've added some Sniper Scouts and Sgt Telion.  I also added a Devastator Squad with 4 Heavy Bolters.  And since the Heavy Support slots are open, the Land Raider Crusader will move to Heavy Support to help out in "The Big Guns Never Tire" mission when it can be scoring.  6th Edition brought some big changes to the army, but I have good feeling about it.  Army-wide fleet even helps the bikers now.

Overall, I have 2 HQ plus a HQ Command Squad, 4 Troops, 1 Elite, 3 Fast and 2 Heavy Support and 1 dedicated Transport Drop Pod.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, These guys look great!

    When do you want to test their mettle?

    I have some recently completed hills that need to be broken in...

    Brinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bring them by Saturday to R.O.E. Make sure you bring those flamer arms an any other missing pieces.

      Delete
  2. Flamer Arms? Other Missing Pieces?

    I am drawing a blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the flamers of tzenech so I can make replacements....

      Delete
    2. oh! I was thinking the template weapon. 0_0

      Delete