Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Raven Guard Scout Sergeant with Sniper Rifle


I was given a scout a few days back and decided to paint him up like this picture here:

But after getting him mostly done, I'm thinking that I might do up the 2nd Land Speeder Storm's Scouts in this pattern.  Let me know what you think.






I didn't like the blank left shoulderpad, and my freehand sucked so...


Obviously he'll need some touching up now.  Also, I'm thinking I'll be doing it in Boltgun with a Nuln Oil wash to darken it a bit.


6 comments:

  1. Wow looks good. I like the green and blue lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, He's just been butchered a bit to get an Inquisitional symbol on his other shoulder pad... I carved one out of the regular deathwatch pad you get with the command squad sprues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did an excellent job painting it. the only thing is that isn't that a lot of just dark colors to use? seems like some of the detail is lost because of the similar dark colors. great job recreating that picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It is very dark, but as a Raven Guard army it is mostly dark anyways. I might lighten up the ravenguard symbol a bit and he will be getting a boltgun metal deathwatch soulderpad now. (see update)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! Years a go I did a lot of airbrushing of models (cars mostly). There's times when I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stoping by Speed!

    ReplyDelete