Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eldar Aegis Defense Line Protoype is up for sale

Good news,

You have two options now if you really want an Eldar Aegis Defense Line.

You can buy the one that has been featured here on my very own blog:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Eldar-Aegis-Defense-Line-Painted-Alaitoc-Includes-2-Weapon-Options-/200831416376?pt=Games_US&hash=item2ec27c3838

 
This is a unique and striking looking set.


Or since my new casting kit has arrived, you can wait for me to put another one up for sale.

The production sets will not have the weapon options, but the pylons have been corrected so that they are more symmetrical.  I also plan to reduce the width of the large energy shield so it more closely approximates that of the standard Aegis Defense Line.

One question, what would you like to see?

  1. complete, assembled set for sale, painted in craftworld colors?
  2. complete, assembled unpainted set
  3. complete, unassembled set
  4. Just the pylons in sets of 12
  5. Pylons sold individually
Another question:  Would you rather pay more for nearly ready to paint pylons or less and receive them with slight irregularities?

The new mold isn't holding up as well as I was hoping, but I do have 12 pylons cast.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Also, if I can sell enough sets to break even or come close, I'll be able to work on a webway gate or bastion or landing pad or something.


7 comments:

  1. Are you going to make weapons to along with them?

    I would think that #3, unassembled would make them easier and cheaper to ship.

    Nice work; it has been a fun project to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unassembled would also make it easier to build them in different arrangements and use the bits in other places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 in Yme-Loc or #3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm leaning towards #3 also. It'll be at least till next week till I can cut some acrylic, but I will start casting this evening.

    Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  5. number 3 and I am interested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 3 and I will take one if the price is right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. phoenix83, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the molds never survived well enough. I did sell the prototype, and when i recast a new set it came out quite poorly. I have that set still, and have actually resculpted a new pylon to correct some flaws. I have been learning CAD and had planned to design the pylon and either print sets or print the master for a more uniform look. Sadly I've lost most of hobby mojo. Honestly the casting and acrylic cutting process was so time consuming there is no profit in it for me at prices that players are willing to pay. Some of my later posts detail these issues. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete