Thursday, November 01, 2012

Bastion with Moat (BwM) Project WIP 1

An update!

I have procured foam, and have a rough idea how I want to build the bastion which I should have in my hands tomorrow.

Here you can see the 3 tiers and the Aegis defense line
 
the L shape represents the outline of the bastion

 
Here you can get a good look at the elevation, the paper is 5" to the lower level and 10" to the top.
 
From what I can tell, a bastion should be around 7"-8" tall




The blue will be the water level around the bastion, so the entrances will have to be raised up a bit.

Once the glue dries I'll get to shaping the foam some.

Comments appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Looking cool!!!
    You might need to bring the defence line out a little more to give you more room to deploy the defenders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently debating how much room I should put on the friendly side. 25mm, 40mm, or 60mm. Should I leave enough room for a Heavy Weapons team? Or should I just build out some platforms that overhang the moat by a litle bit?

      Delete
  2. Holy Terra but you work fast!

    In-laws in from Chicago, so I've missed this run - thanks for the email...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I thought you'd enjoy seeing what your random thought has created.

      Delete
  3. Great pic of the box, by the way!

    ReplyDelete