Monday, November 05, 2012

New Project: IG Liaison Officer Exchange

In a spirit of cooperation and friendship, I plan to model up a few extra officers of the Medusan Imperial Guard.

These officers will then be sent to deserving bloggers, to be used as Veteran Sergeants, Officers of the Fleet, Platoon Commanders, Masters of Ordinance, and other roles as deemed fit by their new commanders.

What do I mean by deserving?  Well, there are no hard and fast rules, but those bloggers who have added constructive comments, participated in the Ruins of Medusa V web-campaign, or served as inspiration would certainly be on the list.

What do I get out of it?  Hopefully, I get to see one of my guys in a Battle Report someday.

I may do the same thing with Eldar and Space Marines if this turns out to be a good idea.

So, leave a comment to show you might be interested.  Please don't post personal info, I'll have to delete any emails or addresses of the overzealous.


Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, that's a cool idea. Officer exchanges are always fun. I'm always interesting in this sort of thing, but I cant say that any of my comments are ever very constructive- just a bit of babble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen Col. Scipio do an officer exchange and it seemed a fun idea that offered up the recipient an opportunity to paint different schemes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have two command squads on the way, so once they arrive, I'll have to get to building and sending a few of these guys out.

    @Dai, I was thinking that they would be sent in the Medusan uniform colors, but perhaps a few might "aquire" suitible uniforms. Hmm. An interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea!

    I did a painting swap with The Inner Geek a while back (which was great) and interestingly there's a very similar thing going on in the flufftastic little mind of Zzzzzz over at Devos IV: you should drop him a line, as I think the two worlds could see a happy crossover, maybe!

    [Literally, I suppose: the worlds of Devos IV and Medusa V!]

    ReplyDelete