Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Downsizing and Taking a Break.

I have come to the realization that I have way too much 40K stuff for a guy who only plays maybe a dozen times a year.  I have liquidated my complete Eldar collection, including codexes, bits and conversions.  Well, not my complete collection, I have kept a few models that I was especially proud of, something I wish I had done with my Tau.

I did find I was able to get a much higher return of my Eldar by selling them as units instead of trying to sell "Large Eldar Army". Although now I do have a few unused army cases lying around.

I have no takers for my Mega Terrain, but may have luck on ebay.  Shipping will be a b!t($ however.

This leaves me with my Imperial Guard, Space Wolves, and Raven Guard.  I'm not sure what I will do, but I am sure I will let some of it go.

Perhaps once I am done clearing out unused models, I might find time and energy to actually do some painting again.

So if anyone wants more info on selling Warhammer stuff on eBay, leave a comment and I'll try and answer it.





2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the "too much stuff and not enough gaming" front. I'm in much the same boat.

    I find that I have better luck selling off armies as individual units as well (doing that with my own Eldar even as we speak). It's a bit more hassle, but I definitely find it's easier to get ten people to spend a hundred bucks than it is to get one person to spend a thousand. To be honest, I usually end up making a bit more overall on the individual sales, too.

    Bummer that the terrain didn't get picked up, it's completely awesome! I'd buy 'em if I didn't already have more urban terrain than can be fit on an 8x4 table and can barely store what I have. Maybe a sales flyer up at a local game shop might help? At least then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to pack and ship something monstrous like they are.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spyrle, been awhile. Missed you.

    Wish you luck on your endeavour to lighten your 40k load. The cases they wouldn't happen to be black plastic with a handle and four layers 10x4 single slots would they? If so I'd be interested in seeing what you want to sell them for. Only if you're going to be getting rid of them.

    ReplyDelete