Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Digital Eldar Defense Line Section

I did some CAD work and was able to put together a nice picture of what a section of the new completed defense line will look like.

I have to admit, it looks pretty darn good.  I am anxious to see how the various 3D printers do in capturing the detail.

Below you can see a more traditional render of the section with edges highlighted.



My next step is to learn how to use Inkscape so that I can get the power fields laser cut out of colored acrylic sheets.  I may even experiment with having them engrave the powerfield with lightning effects.

Thanks for coming by and comments are always appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Looking great, Spyrle. Hopefully you have better luck with Inkscape than I did. Took me a little bit to figure out a few basic things. Still working with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The pattern I need to make is simple to describe in Autodesk Inventor, but it does look like it will be much harder to create in Inkscape. Perhaps I will be able to find a file converter and then just change the color of the lines so that the laser will cut out the shape.

      Delete
    2. And although I thought I had it licked, Inkscape got the better of me on my first laser cutting order. REMEMBER- Re-check the size of the item once you have it imported into Inkscape. I did find that using the trace function, I was able to quickly import a drawing from another program.

      Delete